Reader comment on Bo Lozoff's passage ...
On Jun 12, 2006 Nipun wrote:|
- Heaven/hell story: to serve others is heaven, to serve yourself is hell.
- Difference between sensibility and sensitivity
- Sri and Tristan's journey to Africa: giving is selfish?
- What really motivates? Happiness. It's neither selfish or selfless.
- We don't give to help, but to feel good.
- Every kind act creates a ripple of compassion
- In Japan, Raj's mentee would call him all the time, even if he's at a bar. Because of the mentor role, Raj changed; he needed it me more than I need him.
- There's actually an Optimist club
- All religion say: in giving we receive.
- Wayne Dyer: seratonene increases when you give ... and receive
- Only way to keep service selfless is to be spontaneous
- No discrimination is when it the only way something is selfless
- Selfishnes only comes into the picture when we are separate
- shift from mind state of separation to heart state of unity
- Not for-getting but for-giving
- Homeless man turns philanthropist!
- [Shilpa?] asked a Jain monk: why is life is so dificult? He simply replied: "Wear your own shoes and hold your own umbrella."
- [Fred's?] motto in life: make one person happy today
- Anyone can give. Scott is going to start a listening club. All you have to do is listen.
- Why analyze? I'm there, the kid is there. No one is serving anyone. We are just connecting. Maybe that's true service.